She has short burnt orange hair and crimson eyes. She wears a Japanese school outfit and wears sneakers. At the age of 13 she has long burnt orange hair, wearing more adults clothes than usual.
She gets excited whenever given a mission, she is quick to accomplish the task at hand but gets carried away most of the time. She has a very energetic personality, sometimes in a good spirit and sometimes not. Perhaps the least intelligent of "The Children" as she tends to follow through with her heart in the thick of a situation rather than resort methods of cunning. She has a short temper, even with the people she holds dear, such as Minamoto. The only people she is shown not to abuse are her immediate family members, whom are all scared of her abilities and end up neglecting her a lot, perhaps on purpose. She likes reading old geezer magazines and drinking stamina drinks. She does not think of her position and most of the time forgetting it. An example of this is when she is to save a pilot, she successfully saved the pilot from harm but forgot about the plane that caused the crash in a building. She acts like a pervert towards women, sexually harasses her teammates and her classmates as well and shows interest in female figures in general. This is most likely due to doting on her mother and sister, both of whom are very attractive.
When Kaoru was a child, about 4 or 5 years old, she was not allowed to go to a regular school. Her mother and sister neglected Kaoru at a young age to focus on their careers. Before, she had even used telekinesis against her mother, sending her to the hospital. Because of these incidents, she and those around her were deeply impacted. She hated her powers and she want her powers to disappear. She was questioning herself constantly, wondering, "Why did I have this power?","Why am I alive". After testing the E.C.M. Prototype on her, the chief showed her the video of two other kids that had the same level as her and she was amazed. Before Aoi and Shiho met Kaoru, there were some problems between the two. They hated their powers and were afraid of harming other people. Kaoru had used telekinesis to pull Aoi and Shiho into a close hug and declared the three of them friends/comrades, much to Shiho's disgust. After accidently reading her mind, Shiho asks her what happened to her mother. Kaoru, thinking that Shiho was afraid of her, hugged her tightly and cried out, "Please don't be afraid!" Shiho reluctantly hugged her back to comfort her. Later on during the night, Shiho and Aoi also make up. They are all placed in the BABEL team "The Children" and they start a powerful friendship that would last into the future.
3 Years AgoEditAfter the training, she and the others where been send to capture the teleporter. After that they has captured him, she went through some test. Later they where been reported that the teleporter has been escaped which that they are going after them. Later when they are tracing the teleporter, he where becoming in trouble. Kaoru then helps him off with her psychical powers which she originally captured him. After that, she where been encouraged by Kōichi's line. Afterwards they where been helping peoples that are been locked in a tunnel. After that Aoi's powers has been backfired her, Kaoru then comes with a crazy idea to active the missiles to the tunnel to break free. The reason for the backfire is because the person who they want to protect has a young teleporter Esper. After Kaoru's reckless plan, Kōichi ,as usual, has become pissed. A day later, Kaoru must undergo a test to make her go to school without being angry and using her powers. After that she has failed, the test robots has become berserk which she tries to attack them. After knowing who has made the robots berserk, they went to an unknown island, where they see a dolphin that contains to be an old lieutenant. They must protect them after what he has seen in the future. When the criminal racist organization has arrived, they where been helping Kōichi and Taizō with battling.
Furthermore, they have jobs to protect Japan from fellowing Espers and regular criminals. They also have to deal with their school and people that hate them, and tries to kill them.
The Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke
Karou appears in several episodes now as a middle school students. In episode 6 she appears and faces Hyobu to prevent him from reaching the ship. In the beginning she had the upper hand until Hybou unleashed his limiter and defeated her.
- Kaoru is psychokinetic, meaning she can move things with her mind. She is one of the most powerful psychokinetics in the series, possibly second only to Hyoubu Kyousuke. Even when her powers are suppressed by her Limiter she is shown to be able to push people with enough force to leave a surface crushed. She usually comes up with weird names and calls them all psychic something out of habit, which sometimes causes her to be unable to do anything, as she is pondering on what to call her next movement.
Direction & Force
- Kaoru is shown multiple times using wind or her own body to damage other by applying force to either. Her power is so precise that she is once shown being able to control the reaction of oxygen to make things catch fire.
Manipulation of Objects
- Like how Kaoru can apply force and direction to something, she can also put it at a complete stop, allowing her to completely take control of an object. With her limiter removed, she is shown being able to stop a boulder from crushing her and her friends even though the boulder itself was bigger than Kaoru by several hundredfold.
Manipulation of Gravity
- Kaoru can negate the vectors of gravity both around herself and those she chooses. Combined with how she can control directional force, this allows Kaoru to fly, as well as carrying others with her.
Like the other Children, Kaoru has a custom-made limiter given to her by Minamoto. Hers is a bracelet accessory. As all limiters, it can only decrease her power rank by 3 levels, meaning when activated, Kaoru has the power of a level 4. Once deactivated by Minamoto, Kaoru can use her full power as a level 7 esper.
Koichi Minamoto is the one that kaoru has an affection on since she was ten years old.When they were trapped in a dream world where Kaoru seemed to be twenty years old she told Minamoto that she loved him ten times more than when she was ten years old.
In other mediaEdit
Kaoru appears in several cards.
Sunday VS Magazine: Shūketsu! Chōjō DaikessenEdit
Kaoru is an initial character. Like all characters in the game, she can only use three Special Moves and one Super Special Move at a time.
- Psycho Drill Crusher (サイコ・ドリルクラッシャー) - Kaoru does a rolling uppercut.
- Psychic Megaton Punch (サイキック・メガトンパンチ) - Kaoru dashes and punches the opponent.
- Psychic Pinpoint Shot (サイキック・ピンポイントシュート) - An energy shot.
- Hip Attack (Aoi) (ヒップアタック(葵)) - Kaoru calls Aoi to fall on the opponent.
- Clairvoyance (Shiho) (透視(紫穂)) - Kaoru calls Shiho to touch the opponent.
Super Special Moves:
- Infuriated (怒り爆発) - Kaoru creates an energy sphere around her. Uses 1 bar of the Emotional Gauge.
- Uncontrollable (暴走) - Kaoru goes out of control and releases psychic energy around her. Uses 1 bar.
- Psychic Large Cleavage (Airborne Possible) (サイキック大切断(空中可)) - Kaoru slashes the opponent with a psychic blade. Uses 1 bar.
- Force of Absolution (フォース オブ アブソリューション) - Kaoru, Aoi, and Shiho unleash and combine their powers to attack the opponent. Uses 3 bars.
Sunday X Magazine: White ComicEdit
Kaoru is a "Friendship" (友情) type character.
- Psychic Megaton Punch (サイキック・メガトンパンチ) - Normal. Reduces the opponent's physical strength.
- Triple Boost (トリプルブースト) - x2 combo. Reduces the opponent's physical strength and increasing the player's Friendship.
- Telekinetic! Force Release!! (Force of Absolution) (念動！強制解放！！(フォース オブ アブソリューション)) - x3 combo. Reduces the opponent's physical strength and increasing the player's Friendship.
- Psychic Time Travel (サイキックタイムトラベル) - Kaoru becomes an adult and she attacks the opponent alongside Reiko Mikami, reducing the target's physical and mental strength.
Sunday vs. Magazine Trading Card GameEdit
Kaoru is card #27.
- She alongside with Aoi and Shiho's future dream is to conquer the world.
- Her last name is for the Akashi lady, a lover of Genji, and her first name is after Kaoru, a son of another of Genji's wives in The Tale of Genji.